Let's Do This!!!

Summer is waning, the skies are filled with wildfire smoke, and so it must be time to re-embrace our masculinity in the manliest way possible. After 6 years you should all know the deal so I'll keep this brief.

WHAT: 6th Annual Mustache Month
WHO: Any willing to fight the good fight
WHEN: September (or longer if you got the guts)
WHERE: Your upper lip
WHY: Good times, male bonding, and a raging party at the end of the month where you have the chance to celebrate with other like minded individuals.


As always, "Grow them long, wear them proud, and for God's sake keep them waxed!"

Monday, October 10, 2011

Our New Champion

So I hope you all had fun at Stache Bash 2011! I certainly did (despite my miserable finish in the points standing). Yesterday I put together all the photos from the evening and posted them below. If you find anything there that you feel is incriminating in some way or terminally embarrassing, just let me know and I will sit here laughing heartily, 'cause I'm not taking it down.

Now for the standings! Most of us visited all six bars on Saturday, and holy hell there were a lot of participants this year! So many, in fact, that I'm astonished that we managed to get multiple votes from each establishment! Anyway, based on the simple formula of giving a participant three points for a first-place vote, two for second place and one for third, our winner was ..... <drum roll> ... <big surprise!> ... Charlie! Damn if our little used-car salesman didn't take it in a walk. Now I was concerned that he only won 'cause he made it to every single bar, unlike some of our leaders, but no, even excluding the Dubliner (no Allen or Pete) and the Triangle* (no Pete), he still managed to win!

So congratulations Charlie! You had some stiff competition but just overwhelmed everyone with the combination of fantastic facial hair and leisure suit!

Until next year, here are the scores:






* I'll be damned if I ever recognize the Triangle's stupid new name.







2 comments:

  1. Seems impossible that a guy that looks as good as this and with as fine of a mustache as I had could lose to a guy who looks like David Arquette. I suspect voter fraud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Objective judging/tallying is a thing of beauty. Please don't bring down the sanctity of the Stash Bash with these types of small-minded comments.

    Also, take your beating like a man, a man with a mustache.

    ReplyDelete